Français English
Jean-Claude Boisset

The Jean-Claude Boisset wine house is publishing a book on the history of the Ursulines, a community of nuns who arrived in Nuits-Saint-Georges in 1634, building their convent here in 1717 on the site that is now home to Boisset’s new winery. The book is based on archives and research by the local chronicler and heritage guide Etienne Breton-Leroy and retraces 300 years of history of a site steeped in memory. The French Revolution swept away their work, but their spirit remains in this space that has been revitalized by the Boisset family, which is now going from one vocation to another.